Indian weddings are perhaps the most beautiful, extravagant, and diverse of affairs, which means that the bride is no less than a star. Everything revolves around the happy couple (read – bride). The trousseau, the cameras and everybody’s eyes – undoubtedly, this means pressure and an opportunity to shine like a princess on her big day with the most beautiful of clothes and jewelry.
The Indian bride of today is bold and unafraid to embrace her personal style whether that is traditional or modern. And yes, she rocks both of these looks.
The VINTAGE BRIDE is the traditional bride, whose style embodies the extravagance of the past. She sticks to the traditional jewel tones of red, yellow, orange and gold and carries the most cumbersome and spectacular jewelry.
Style tips for a Vintage Bride:
- Your lehenga or Sari will tend to be heavily embellished so make sure your feet are comfortable in a practical pair of platforms or wedges.
- Your jewelry is pretty much the star of the show, so keep your makeup fresh, neutral and glitter free!
- There is nothing such as OTT when it comes to your special day. Go berserk with the jewels and the outfit but make sure they sit in harmony with each other.
The NEO BRIDE is much less adorned though equally beautiful and believes in the concept of ‘less is more’. Her outfit experiments with unusual colors such as mint and metallic, concentrating on silhouette more than embellishment. Her jewelry speaks more of a statement piece.
Recommended Read- 12 Bollywood Brides Who Wore The Most Beautiful Jewellery Of All Times
Style tips for a Neo Bride:
- Opting for something more comfortable doesn’t mean you have to cut down on the glam. The cleaner the cuts, the sexier the outfit.
- Make sure that your outfit accentuates your body in the best way possible because minimal also means minimal room for error.
- Go bold on the makeup, experiment with striking lipsticks and bright glitters.
Whether you are a Vintage Bride or a Neo Bride, there isn’t a woman in the whole world more beautiful than the Indian bride on her wedding day. Revel in your loveliness.
For more updates, sign up on Bandbaajaa.com