Beauty hacks not only help you save time, but they are also the quickest road to glamour and easy skin care. In India, with so many festivals and weddings just around the corner and a little time on your hands, getting cranky about the uninvited zits is justified. To keep you glowing and upbeat with mundane tasks, here’s a list of simple homemade beauty hacks.
1. FRUIT WASH TO THE RESCUE
You can never go wrong with homemade fruit face packs. Fruits rejuvenate your skin better than any other synthetic product without harming it. Here are some packs you'd like to try on -
- Mash some bananas, grapes and papaya together and apply it on your face. Rinse with warm water after it dries off. It would leave your skin softer than ever.
- Mash apples or papaya in honey and apply. It works wonders for dry skin.
- Add a little sugar to mashed cucumber and apply it. Cucumber has a cooling effect on the skin and helps in tightening pores.
- For removing marks/blemishes, potatoes to our rescue! Grate some potatoes and mix their juice with lime.
2. SANDALWOOD FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN
Sandalwood has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties. It also helps in de-tanning. No wonder it is all over the place during any wedding.
- Mix sandalwood powder with rose water. Apply and let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off for glowing skin!
- Mix sandalwood powder with coconut oil with a few drops of almond oil too. It softens the skin and helps in combating suntan.
- For curing acne/blackheads, apply sandalwood powder mixed with turmeric and a little bit of camphor.
3. CLEANSE WITH OLIVE OIL
Rich in antioxidants, olive oil helps skin look younger due to its anti-ageing properties. For those of you with dry skin, consider olive oil a godsend.
- Mix olive oil with sugar and use it as a natural cleanser, scrub, moisturiser and what not. Sugar being a humectant will keep your skin hydrated. Use this mixture for dry skin.
- For oily or acne prone skin, mix olive oil with a little salt and apply. Salt draws out impurities and cleanses the skin.
4. FACE PACKS MADE IN MOM’S KITCHEN
- Mix Fuller's Earth (Multani Mitti) with rose water. Apply and let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off to uncover natural glow!
- Mix lemon juice with 2 tbsp of tomato juice and apply for instant radiance.
- Mix aloe Vera gel with turmeric powder and 2 tbsp of milk and apply for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- Beat an egg and mix it with gramme flour and apply. Rinse off for a soft and clean skin!
5. LEMON AND SUGAR SCRUB FOR SMOOTH SKIN
Rough skin? You may have blackheads, dead skin cells or maybe hardened sebum. Oily skin? You’ll definitely have hardened sebum. Not only do you need this, you can have this recipe because you will love to try this out. It’s simple and not at all time-consuming. Moreover, you will just need 2 ingredients - lemon juice and sugar.
- Take 1 tablespoonful of sugar and then mix 2 tablespoonfuls of lemon juice.
- Stir the sugar and lemon to make a paste. Apply gently and rinse.
- Apply gently and rinse. You can then use this mixture to get rid of the rough dead skin on the face and your body.
6. CUCUMBER AND MILK CLEANSER
Do you want soft and smooth skin? Cucumber has a freshening effect on your skin, tightens pores and restores natural pH of the skin. There are many ways to use cucumber for skin care. Milk has natural sterols that moisturise your skin. You can also mix cucumber juice in milk and smear it on your face, leave it on for 15 minutes then rinse to get glowing skin.
- Cut cucumber into slices and place them on your face for a rejuvenating effect.
- Apply cucumber juice on a cotton and dip it in milk, later gently smear it on your face. This will help you tighten your skin and make it look fresh.
Yoghurts have ample amount of proteins, lactic acid, and enzymes that will work like a charm for your skin. Add lemon and honey to it and you’ll have your mask to exfoliate or you can simply rub a tbsp. of yoghurt on your skin which will rid you of your dead cells and leave your skin glowing.
- Simply apply a tablespoon of fresh yoghurt on your face. Keep it on for 10 minutes and rinse.
8. THE STRAWBERRY EFFECT
Did you know strawberries did more than just taste delicious? All you need it to apply the exfoliator paste on your face and gently polish away the dead skin and the impurities.
- Combine 1 tbsp. of brown sugar, 1 tbsp. of white sugar and 2 tbsp. of coconut oil with 2 mashed strawberries in a bowl.
- Once a paste is formed, apply it on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and claim your refreshing look.
9. EGG WHITES
Another awesome beauty hack is eggs. While you’re making breakfast, you might want to reserve a few eggs from the carton. Trust us, it’s all in the egg whites. They’re not only healthy for your vitals but your skin too.
- You can spread egg whites under your eyes and let dry to remove puffy bags.
- If you have oily skin, egg white mask will not only soak up the oil but also tighten your pores and leave your skin radiant.
EXTRA EFFORT NEVER HURTS - TIPS FOR YOUR GORGEOUS FACE
- Drink plenty of water. The more, the better! Results of drinking minimum 8-9 glasses of water a day for a month will give the charm of a younger you.
- Beauty sleep is no less important. It's high time to change your sleeping pattern if you're a night owl. Minimum 8 hours of sleep is necessary.
- Scrub your skin twice a week to remove dead skin cells on a regular basis.
- Wash your face minimum twice a day. You can try applying honey on your face for 10 minutes every day if your skin tone is dry.
Healthy skin is a happy skin! No amount of makeup would give the kind of radiance that comes from a naturally healthy skin.
For more updates, sign up on Bandbaajaa.com