A childhood memory, a romantic movie, a field of sunflowers- a lot of inspiration and cherished ideas go into planning your wedding. And when it comes to décor it takes more than combining textures, colours and blooms in varied arrangements. Communicating with your wedding planner or the florist is essential in regard to your likes, dislikes, vision, season, venue if you wish to go beyond the generic roses and daffodils.
Recommended Read - Parinay Dreams-Wedding Planning Services In Mumbai.
Turning bloom into art is a task which requires long preparation in terms of availability and substitution of flowers. Flowers that are imported should be given at least a 2 months window ahead of the window week. Ideally, you should begin the process of booking vendors six months prior to the d day. Sooner the better for the Indian wedding season!
1. Update the vendors about the date, time (day or night ceremony) approximate guest count and most importantly location- temple, garden banquet or a gallery. Every venue inspires a different mood and setting for flowers and décor.
2. Be clear about your budget for the décor. The florist should be able to give you a good idea of what can be accomplished within your budget and offer advice and alternatives if your requests are unrealistic.
3. You can check online portfolios of the florists and vendors to get an idea of their work. Ask them to compliment the décor with the blooms; peonies and lilacs flatter the Victorian theme whereas for a more traditional ceremony can go for Indian Jasmine and Marigold.
4. Experiment with blooms for the wedding garland. Roses are passé and carnations in reds, pinks and whites have found their way into the not so heavy garlands. Marigold garlands are classic yet dapper.
5. Go for bigger flowers like dahlias, hydrangeas, peonies and orchids. Ask your florist to go creative by adding edible elements like fruits and chocolates. Berries and golden apples are some attractive centrepiece options when added with flowers. They cover more space and give an elegant gaze. Go big and go lush.
For more updates, sign up to Bandbaajaa.com.